Bubble Language School

Visas in Thailand

Thailand is the place to be in 2022.

With war on the minds of most Europeans, capitalism in the minds of most 20-40-year-olds, and a general overtone of “I’m inside of your business” in many countries throughout the world, Thailand represents a place where we can live life in a “sabai sabai” way. This essentially means “chill-chill”. This is a country where people do generally mind their own business. In the land of smiles, we smile away many insignificant problems.

As a result, many people want to come and live here for a time.

The ED Visa conditions are similar for English, and the cost depends on how private you would like your classes to be.


The ED visa for studying Thai at a language school is a 90-day visa that can be extended a maximum of 5 times.

The first extension is 30 days, remaining 4 extensions are 60 days, adding up to a total of 12 months.

The ED visa for language schools is different from the ED visa for universities.

After receiving 90 Day Single Entry Non-Immigrant ED Visa, you must visit the school with your passport within 7 days.

The school will submit copies of your passport and ED visa to the Ministry of Education for an extension.


You will need to extend your ED visa regularly at Immigration.

The cost per extension is 1,900 baht.

You will be quizzed by the Immigration officer, but questions are usually simple.

In most cases, you can get a 60-day extension if you are able to convince the officer of of your growing language skills.

Failure to do so may result in a 30-day extension or 7 days to leave the Kingdom of Thailand.


While physically present in Thailand, you are required to report your local address in Thailand to the immigration department of Thailand every 90 days.

This is not a visa extension.

In the first extension, the immigration officer will give students a small paper. There is a due date to do the 90 days report on that paper.

Subsequently, the 90-day report does not coincide with a/the visa extension.

It is possible to arrange for an agent to report on your behalf in person or online.

The window for reporting online is from 15 days before to 7 days before the report date.

The window for reporting at Immigration is from 15 days before to 7 days after the official report date.

You will be fined 2,000 baht if the report is filed more than 7 days after the official report date.


You can apply for a re-entry permit if planning to leave Thailand while on an ED visa. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of ED visa upon re-entry.

The cost is 1,000 baht for single use or 3,800 baht for multiple re-entry permit.

The re-entry permit can be obtained at Immigration or at airport.

Whether you’re in the country or not, you are not exempt from visa extensions, you must return on time for an extension or your ED visa will be revoked.

The Re-entry permit is only valid as long as the current “extension of stay” stamp, leaving Thailand with a re-entry permit keeps the current extension valid.

The deadline for filing a 90-day report resets every time you re-enter Thailand.

Note: Keep the old receipt of filing a 90-day report even if the due date is wrong, turn it in with
the next report.

Refund Policy

We provide a refund if your application is not approved by the Ministry of Education, but not if it is rejected by the Thai embassy, consulate, or immigration.

To understand the refund policy, it is important to understand the application process, which is divided into two stages: MOE Approval and Visa Application.

MOE Approval:

All applicants are required to complete an application form and submit a passport and photos. If the application is rejected, Bubble Language School will provide a full refund minus a 5,000 baht admin fee.

Visa Application:

Once the application is approved by the Ministry of Education, the next step is to apply for an education visa.

There is no refund if the application is rejected by the embassy or consulate.

Reasons for rejection may include:

  • Embassy/consulate specifics,
  • past criminal record,
  • or political conflicts between Thailand and the applicant’s home country.


Bubble Language School is in the business of teaching Thai and English and selling language courses, not selling ED visas.

We will help with the ED visa application process with no additional service fee. The cost of the visa is paid directly to the embassy, consulate, or immigration and the cost of the extension is paid directly to immigration from the student to the government.

We are not a visa agency and cannot grant the ED visa.

We hope this was informative and helpful!! Contact us for a consultation meeting and we’ll try to find the best way for you to stay here and develop while all happens in the world.

What Are Some Ways I Can Enter the Kingdom of Thailand?

Depending on which country you’re from, you will have access to a wide range of visa options.

First, check out your tourist visa options. Diplomacy at its best, results in good relations between countries. If your country likes Thailand and Thailand likes your country, chances are you have access to 15-90 days on a tourist visa.

Next, if you’re a bit daunted by all of the paperwork, documents, and processes, give us a call at +66 65-351-1278 or email us at paul@internationalbubble.com.

For other educational and social media links, check out our Link Tree or Facebook.

After you’ve determined the maximum stay under your tourist visa conditions, it’s time to look at the other relevant options. The following visas are referenced from the Thai Embassy website in Singapore. Be sure to check your country-specific website.

If I Want to Teach in Thailand, What Are My Options?

Generally, for wandering souls seeking experiences throughout the world, teaching is a great way to supplement any travel budget. Especially with the transition towards online teaching after the Covid19 pandemic, teaching and traveling have never been easier.

For those talented enough, for those with the hardware and tech skills to adapt beyond most teachers, staying in Thailand as opposed to dealing with any events happening in their local spheres is a great way to go.

Post-exhaustion of tourist visa options, extensions, and the like, a wanderer has to look at the student visa and teaching visa, otherwise known as the Non-ED Visa. For this visa, expect to attend about 32 hours of class per month and know that you are entitled to three separate Non-ED Visas (basic, intermediate, and advanced) for a maximum stay of 15 months in the Kingdom of Thailand. However, note that this is PER LANGUAGE.  If the language institute or school you work for offers these types of programs or courses in multiple languages, you can apply separately under each different language.

Am I allowed to teach?

No. You are not.

Am I entitled to a bank account and work permit?

No. You are not.

Am I eligible to find part-time work in Thailand?

No. You are not.

Are there workarounds or “grey” areas in the questions above?

Yes. But you do risk expulsion from the country of Thailand.

NON-ED Visa Requirements

  • The student must actually want to learn Thai
  • A passport valid for at least another 6 months
  • Eight (8) photographs (white background, 4 cm x 6 cm)
  • Some nationalities are required a security certificate or police clearance
  • Two (2) signed photocopies of the student’s passport
  • A completed application form as required by the MoE
  • An official letter from Bubble Language School or a certified language school

Thai NON-ED Visa Support

All supporting documents required for a 90-day NON-ED visa and to extend it will be provided by the school.

  • The visa extension has an additional fee of 1,900 THB payable to Thai Immigration.
  • Bubble Language School staff are available to accompany the student to immigration if the student’s presence is required.
  • Full payment is required to reserve a seat and to process the supporting documents for the visa.
  • If the student cancels before the supporting documents have been prepared, any payment is non-refundable. The school reserves the right to discuss or reconsider the student’s situation.
  • Payments made are non-refundable if the course has already begun and the visa has been approved by Thai immigration.
  • Payments made are only refundable (prorated) if the course has already begun and the visa application has been denied by Thai immigration.

The payment and visa process steps are as follows:

  • Make a full payment. It can be negotiated to a term payment. Each term is billed with 40 hours and the next following term will continue upon the 90 days extension of the visa.
  • Supporting documents for the Thai NON-ED visa will be prepared by the school. The document preparation takes around 7 working days.
  • The student should receive the initial 90 days stamp first for a single-entry NON-ED visa from the Thai Embassy/Consulate in other countries (e.g., Vietnam, Laos). Once the Thai course starts, the visa can be extended to 90 days each time. Our staff will take care of all the information and advise the student step-by-step.

A Note:

If a business in Thailand offers third-party visa services, be extremely wary. Professional processes are respected by the Ministry of Education of Thailand and Thai Immigration systems. At times, people will offer you their “connections” and tell you that it is indeed possible to stay in the country on “x” visa. However, due to timing, life, and a generally difficult approach to deadlines, you will not always get what you need when you need it.

The Non-B Visa (The One That Enables You to Legally Teach)

The following is a list of bullet points for the Non-B visa.

  • Visa from tourist (teacher’s visa)
  • Visa Cost Breakdown
  • Visa from tourist (staff visa)
  • Visa Cost Breakdown
  • Visa transfer (from the former employer to the new employer)
  • Visa Renewal
  • Visa Cost Breakdown
  • 90-day reporting
  • References
  • Photo Samples
  • Suggested medical clinic:
  • Taking TOEIC
  • Requirements from Admin
    ขึ้นตอนที่ 1
    เอกสารประกอบการยื่นขอเปลี่ยนประเภทการตราวจลงตรา เพื่อเป็นอาจารย์รหัส B
    วีซ่าธุรกิจ (NON-B) และ การยื่นขอ Work permit
    รายละเอียดเอกสาร ตท.5 (ต่ออายุใบอนุญาตทำงาน)
    รายละเอียดเอกสาร ตท.7 (ต่ออายุ Non Immigrant non-b visa)
  • Visa from tourist (teacher’s visa)
  • Requirements (employee)

Non-B Visa Requirements

  • Passport – original and photocopy
  • Prepare 3 copies of the front page including all pages with stamps.
  • The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from its expiration date.
  • The passport should have at least 5 blank pages left.
  • Submit a photocopy of the passport to admin every time there’s a new stamp.
  • Diploma – original and photocopy
  • Official Transcript of Record (OTR) – original and photocopy
  • Submit your bachelor’s or/and master’s degree
  • Teaching certificates or license
  • (TEFL) – original and photocopy
  • Teaching license (ID or certificate)
  • Letter of Certified Graduation from the University Registrar – original and photocopy. This should be certified by your embassy and the Thai embassy.
  • Police Clearance or Certificate of No Criminal Record – original and photocopy. Either from your native country or the Thai Police Office

Requirements at the Police Station

  • Letter of Request (from employer)
  • Passport
  • 100 baht

*Note: The certificate will be released after 2 weeks or so.

  • Standardized English language test for non-native English speakers

Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) – original and photocopy
Score: at least 600 points
Validity: at least 2 years
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – original and photocopy
Score: at least 5.5 band score
Validity: at least 2 years

Note: Teachers from the following countries are exempted: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland

  • Affidavit of One Same Person – original and photocopy. This is required if the name on any of your documents is not the same as on your passport. This document should come from your embassy.
  • Applicant’s resume
  • Photos
    6 pieces of 4×6 cm photo and
    6 pieces of 3×4 cm photo
    See photo samples on page 6.
  • Medical Certificate. You will be advised when you have to do this. It’s usually towards the end of the process.
    Checklist: http://www.twglawoffice.com/medicalcheck.htm.

There’s a clinic near Bubble Language School. Near Big-C Onnut, Sukhumvit 77

You will need to go in the morning between 8 AM – 10 AM.

The results will come out in the afternoon for pickup.

Price: 500 baht

Visa Cost Breakdown

  • Change of visa type: 2,000 baht
  • Work permit: 3,100 baht
  • non-B visa for 1 year 1,900 baht
    Total: ~7,000 baht

Online Reporting

The Online Process can be accessed in order to handle your 90-day reporting needs.

Taking the TOEIC Test

Call 02 260 7061 for a reservation.

8:00-9:00 Registration and Payment (1,500 THB)
9:00-9:30 Test Orientation
9:30-11:30 Listening and Reading Test
11:30-11:50 Collection of Test Papers

*Pencils and erasers are provided.
Only IDs and wallets are allowed to be brought inside the testing room.
Storage is provided for belongings but security is not assured.

Test results are available on the next working day.

Requirements from Admin: from tourist to non-B

  • TM. 86, TM. 87 (Your arrival and departure card)
  • Transfer of employer
  • 90-day reporting
  • Visa Extension
  • Visa Renewal


This category of visa is issued to applicants who wish to visit Thailand for a volunteer to work in a non-government organization in Thailand.

O Volunteer Visa Conditions

  • The O Volunteer Visa is valid for a single entry
  • The O Volunteer Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Travelers must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry. During the 90-day period of stay, if they wish to leave and re-enter Thailand, they are required to apply for a re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. If they leave Thailand without a re-entry permit, the current stay permit shall be considered void.
  • The extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer. Extension application can be made at the Office of Immigration Bureau (visit www.immigration.go.th for more information)
    If the O Volunteer Visa holder breaches the entry conditions, the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
  • O Volunteer Visa Application Procedures. Each applicant must submit a complete application form together with the required documents* to the Royal Thai Embassy (generally in person).

Prepare the required documents as follows:

  • Completed Visa Application Form
  • One (1) passport-sized photograph affixed to the Visa Application Form. Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm. White background and no older than 6 months
  • Passport. An actual passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of planned entry into Thailand. Must have at least two empty pages. A copy of passport (bio data page).
  • Invitation letter. An invitation or acceptance letter from the concerned organization in Thailand indicating position, responsibilities, and length of stay in Thailand
  • A copy of the passport or I.D. card of a person who signs an invitation or acceptance letter

Organization’s registration or license

  • A copy of the concerned organization’s registration or license in Thailand as a non-profit organization
  • Evidence of adequate finance. Copy of updated bank statement with a minimum balance of THB 20,000 per person, or THB 40,000 per family
  • Additional Supporting Documents. Proof of residence in home country
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand under the applicant’s name.
  • Visa fee

O Volunteer Visa processing times
Visa processing time is up to 5 business days. Certain applications which require special consideration may take longer to process.

The Business Visas

If you can afford the Elite visa package, then congratulations for reading up to this point. If you’re in need of a business visa and do not fulfill the requirements above for some reason, then there does exist a “staff visa” in which foreigners can be hired for a Thai business at a ratio of four Thai locals to every one foreigner. In these cases the requirements are below. These cases are subject to approval and need, similar to the way U.S. visa applications are reviewed for specialists and performers.

  • Company Letter of Explanation
  • Employment certification (Labor Department application form)
  • Company certificate (certified by the Registrar not more than 6 months)
  • Company registration certificate (form Paw.Kor.0401)
  • VAT registration certificate (form Paw.Por.20)
  • Memorandum of Association (form Paw.Por.01)
  • List of Shareholders (Bor.Aor.Jor.5)
  • Latest financial statement (certified by Ministry of Commerce/Revenue Department)
  • Company income tax returns (form Paw Ngor Dor.50)
  • List of withholding income tax of Thai employees (form Paw Ngor Dor.1)
  • Cooperation letter from BOI
  • 6-7 colored photographs of the company building, sign name, environment of workplace where the employees are working, office desks or building or warehouse, which show the nature of work
  • Location map of the Company

In Closing

We hope this post was informative for you and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. This country is indeed great, and specialists of any skill are welcome in my humble opinion.

Thank you and good luck in passing your barriers of entry.